Sunday, May 13, 2012

Readings for This Week

Today's Readings for the Daily Office (Book of Common Prayer, p. 963)

I'm on my annual retreat with the Order of the Ascension this week.  I won't be writing or sending Morning Reflections.  To read the Daily Office online, go to  http://www.missionstclare.com/english/index.html


Here are the readings for the upcoming weekdays:

Monday, May 14
Psalms  80 (morning)        //        77, [79] (evening)
Leviticus 25:35-55
Colossians 1:9-14
Matthew 13:1-16

Tuesday, May 15
Psalms 78:1-39       //       78:40-72
Leviticus 26:1-20
1 Timothy 2:1-6
Matthew 1318-23

Wednesday, May 16
The Martyrs of Sudan
Psalms 119:97-120       //   _____
Leviticus 26:27-42
Ephesians 1:1-10
Matthew 22:41-46

Eve of Ascension (Wednesday, May 16)
Psalms _____         //       68:1-20
2 Kings 2:1-15
Revelation 5:1-14

Thursday, May 17
Ascension Day
Psalms 8, 47       //       24, 96
Daniel 7:9-14
Hebrews 2:5-18
Matthew 28:16-20

Friday, May 18
Psalms 85, 86       //       91, 92
1 Samuel 2:1-10
Ephesians 2:1-10
Matthew 7:22-27

Lowell
________


Audio podcast:  Listen to an audio podcast of the most recent Morning Reflections from today and the past week.  Go to: http://www.stpaulsfay.org/id244.html

About Morning Reflections
"Morning Reflections" is a brief thought about the scripture readings from the Daily Office of Morning and Evening Prayer according to the practice found in the Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church.

Morning Prayer begins on p. 80 of the Book of Common Prayer.
Evening Prayer begins on p. 117
An online resource for praying the Daily Office is found at http://www.missionstclare.com/english/index.html

Another form of the office from Phyllis Tickle's "Divine Hours" is available on our partner web site www.ExploreFaith.org at this location

The Mission of St. Paul's Episcopal Church
is to explore and celebrate
God's infinite grace, acceptance, and love.

See our Web site at www.stpaulsfay.org

Our Rule of Life: 
We aspire to...
    worship weekly
    pray daily
    learn constantly
    serve joyfully 
    live generously.

Lowell Grisham, Rector
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Fayetteville, Arkansas

 

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a poem that fits with your contemplative week. I just discovered it.

Coming to God

Lord, what shall I do that I
can’t quiet myself?
Here is the bread, and
here is the cup, and
I can’t quiet myself.

To enter the language of transformation!
To learn the importance of stillness,
with one’s hands folded!

When will my eyes rejoicing turn peaceful?
When will my joyful feet grow still?
When will my heart stop its prancing
as over the summer grass?


Lord, I would run for you, loving the miles for your sake.
I would climb the highest tree
to be that much closer.

Lord, I will learn also to kneel down
into the world of the invisible,
the inscrutable and the everlasting.
Then I will move no more than the leaves of a tree on a day of no wind,
bathed in light,
like the wanderer who has come home at last
and kneels in peace, done with all the unnecessary things
every motion; even words.


Mary Oliver

Have a beautiful retreat!

Peace,
Janet

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lowell said...

Janet,
Thank you for the beautiful Mary Oliver poem for my retreat. I returned to it several times. Had a beautiful visit to the Holy Cross monks place in Santa Barbara, CA. A refreshing week.
Lowell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home